Hi, my name is Maggie Baumann, MFT, CEDS, and thanks for visiting my website!
You're here for a reason ... seeking a solution to a problem in your life you may be experiencing. Maybe you are struggling with a failed relationship, experiencing an addiction or eating disorder, grieving a loss of a loved one or feeling hopeless with what life's dealt you.
Whatever the reason, therapy may be the solution that brings you benefits that can be life changing.
Improve relationships, recover from eating disorders and other addictions, re-establish family ties, become independent for the first time, increase your self esteem and confidence, heal from past/present trauma and pain ... all these things are possible when you enter into a therapeutic relationship and commit to change. Give it a try, you are worth it!
Don't Just Survive, Thrive!
My training is in marriage, family therapy so I specialize working with teens, adults, and families. My work is dedicated to helping my clients look inward so they can find their own healing enabling them to overcome the challenges and fears that have brought them into therapy. I believe each client has the strength and wisdom inside of him/herself to heal and grow, but sometimes that person needs a compassionate guide to show them the way. Therapy can move you from a point of hopeless stuckness or just surviving in life to thriving in life.
Here are some of the life challenges and psychological issues I help clients work through:
- Eating Disorders (including pregorexia ... pregnant women with eating disorders) ... Credentialed at Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS)
- Trauma in Teens and Adults Survivors of Childhood Sexual, Physical, Emotional/Verbal Abuse
- Depression and Anxiety
- Drug/Alcohol Addiction
- Relationship Problems
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Divorce and Breakup of Family
- Teen Issues
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Issues Related to Teen/Adult Adoptee
- Grief & Loss
- Teen or Adult Attachment issues
- Self Injury
- Domestic Violence
- Stress Management
- Women's Health Issues, Including Transitions into Parenthood, Empty Nest and Menopause
In addition to traditional "talk" therapy, I also offer therapy modalities such as:
- EMDR Trauma Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- DBT Therapy
- Guided Imagery and Mindfulness Therapy
If you have a question about your specific problem and how I might help, send me an email